Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 14 to April 20, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week: date estimated as April 13: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram militants in Magumeri, Mafa, and Damboa LGAs in Borno.)
- April 15: Suspected herdsmen killed four policemen in Logo, Benue.
- April 15: Boko Haram killed three Chadian soldiers in Abadam, Borno.
- April 15: Herdsmen killed seventy-eight in Awe, Keana, Obi, and Doma LGAs in Nasarawa (casualties not specified by LGA; majority in Obi).
- April 16: Kidnappers killed one policeman and abducted a German citizen in Kano Municipal, Kano.
- April 16: Seven were killed in a clash between Shiites and security agents in Abuja.
- April 16: Nigerian troops killed four militia members in Guma, Benue.
- April 18: Herdsmen killed four construction workers in Bassa, Plateau.
- April 18: Cultists killed four in Emuoha, Rivers.
- April 19: Nigerian troops killed one Boko Haram militant in Ngala, Borno.
- April 20: Bandits killed thirty in Maru, Zamfara.
- April 20: Herdsmen killed twenty-five in Guma, Benue.