Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 8 to 14, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 8: Boko Haram killed two soldiers in Bama, Borno.
- December 8: Four were killed in a cult clash in Lagos State.
- December 10: Rival gangs killed three civilians and lost four of their own in Lagos State.
- December 10: A cult clash resulted in four deaths in Makurdi, Benue.
- December 11: Gunmen abducted eighteen passengers from a bus in Emohua, Rivers.
- December 12: Police killed a would-be suicide bomber before she could detonate in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- December 13: Nigerian troops killed two bandits in Chafe LGA and six bandits in Zurmi LGA in Zamfara.
- December 14: Boko Haram killed twelve soldiers in Kukawa, Borno.