Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 5 to 11, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- Over the last eight months, the Nigerian army killed sixteen militants in Benue and one in Nasarawa (no LGA given).
- January 6: Kidnappers abducted two in Jibia, Katsina.
- January 7: In a series of "recent operations," Nigerian troops killed one hundred Boko Haram militants in Goniri, Yobe state, and Damasak, Kross Kuawa, and Monguno, Borno state.
- January 7: Boko Haram killed three in Konduga, Borno; Nigerian soldiers repelled the attack and killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants.
- January 7: Gunmen abducted two in Malumfashi, Katsina.
- January 7: Gunmen abducted two in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti.
- January 8: Three were killed during an APC rally in Ikeja, Lagos.
- January 9: Ten were killed during a communal clash in Bassa, Kogi.
- January 10: Nigerian troops killed eighty Boko Haram militants and lost two soldiers in Kukawa, Borno.