Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 25, 2016 to July 1, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 25: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram militants in Mafa, Borno.
- June 25: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of eight in Girei, Adamawa.
- June 26: Nigerian soldiers killed four armed bandits in Maru, Zamfara.
- June 27: Unknown gunmen killed four in Igabi, Kaduna.
- June 28: Nigerian troops killed three cattle rustlers in Maru, Zamfara.
- June 29: The Nigerian military killed four kidnappers in Emuoha, Rivers.
- June 29: Two Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves and thirteen others at a mosque and a video club in Djakana, Cameroon.
- June 29: Pirates killed three oil workers in Nembe, Bayelsa.
- June 30: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Guzamala, Borno.
- July 1: A Sierra Leonean diplomat was kidnapped in Kaduna. The exact location has not yet been made public.